The Virginia Board of Nursing May 12, 2021 Regulations for Nurse Aide Training Programs adds the following:
18VAC90-26-30-E Requirements for instructional personnel: “In order to remain qualified to teach the nurse aide curriculum, instructional personnel shall complete a refresher course every three years that includes a review of regulations for nurse aides and nurse aide education programs and the skills evaluated on the board-approved nurse aide certification examination.”
The one-day, six-hour program includes the following Objectives:
- Review the Board of Nursing, (BON), regulations update & web site.
- Review required curriculum content for BON nurse aide training programs.
- Discuss the importance of the five-step Educational Process.
- Review clinical organization and evaluation.
- Review written and skills evaluations of Nurse Aide Testing.
- Identify steps required for a successful BON annual on-site review.
Instructors: Temika Younger, RN, MSN
Patty Wiesenhofer, RN,BLS-Edu