This course is designed for RN’s who would like to teach the DMAS required Personal Care Aide Course, or RN’s or LPN’s who would like to teach the DSS 40-hour Direct Care Staff Training.
The trainer will learn how to gain access to curricula and necessary resources for both trainings.
1. Identify regulations governing staff training in Virginia Assisted Living facilities licensed by the Depart
of Social Services (DSS).
2. Identify appropriate curricula for DSS required Direct Care Staff and DMAS required Personal Care Aides.
3. Identify characteristics of the adult learner
4. Discuss principles of teaching the adult learner.
5. List the five steps of the Education Process.
6. Identify effective strategies for creative presentations
7. Develop a lesson plan for staff training.
Intended Audience: RN or LPN, Licensed in the state of Virginia or Compact Licensure
Times: 9am to 3pm
Trainers: Charlotte Brown, RN
Temika N. Younger, RN, MSN